Wick Buildings Takes Steps to Ensure OperationsMarch 16, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, on Thursday, March 12, 2020 Wick Buildings implemented a plan to ensure that operations will continue with minimal impact on customers. The plan includes social distancing for all employees, workstation and common area disinfecting, and other practices to reduce the chances of infection and transmission in the office, plant, off-site employees and field operations. The plan will be periodically reviewed and adjusted based on the situation at that time.
Health and Sanitation Practices
- Employees are reminded about the practice of frequent handwashing. Posters were placed throughout the facilities.
- Employees have been instructed to stay home if they display any symptoms of illness.
- Employees must check in with their supervisor/foreman when they arrive at work to verify they are not displaying any symptoms of illness.
- All travel for the office and sales staff is postponed.
- Wick will not exhibit in any shows or expos to avoid crowds.
- Office work schedules have been staggered into 2 shifts to spread out employee proximity in the building.
- Any employees that can work from home will, and technology is being implemented to increase the number of employees that can work from home.
- Field Supervisors will not travel to worksites to meet with field crews.
- Field Crews and Supervisors will utilize mobile devices and video conferencing to communicate essential information and share information on job progress.
- Employees will wipe down their individual workspaces/tools at the beginning and end of their shift with disinfectant.
- Facility common areas have an assigned cleaner at the start of each shift.
Field Operations and Builder Partners
- Due to the isolated nature and size of our construction crews (3-4 people on a job site) we are continuing to work in the field as we did previously.
- Daily check-ins with the field staff on health status that mirror the rest of the organization.
- A posted schedule on our portal is accessible for all employees and builder partners to know who is working on each shift.
The plan incorporates best practices recommended by the CDC and other common sense measures to protect the health of our employees and their families, and our customers, while meeting our businesses commitments to provide buildings and materials.