Design, engineering and construction for all types of agricultural storage buildings
These days an agricultural building is no longer just a barn. It's an equipment storage shed, a warehouse, a milking parlor, a free stall barn or a workshop. Or it combines several different uses with an office thrown in too.
No other building company knows how to build it better. After all, Wick Buildings started over 56 years ago as Wick Agribuildings - agriculture is our heritage.
The productivity of your herd depends on many variables. Wick Buildings understands how building design, cow comfort and ventilation all work together to maximize herd health and milk production. We can help you design and build your next:
- Free stall
- Milking parlor
- Maternity barn
- Transition calf barn
- Solar barn
- Manure processing/separating facility
Farm equipment storage buildings
Big tractors, combines and implements need high ceilings, big doors and lots of clear-span space. Whether you need simple storage, a machine shop, a working office area or a combination of all of these, Wick Buildings knows how to engineer a high-quality and attractive building for years of trouble-free service.
Livestock exchange and confinement buildings
Building design and ventilation play an important role in the health of your livestock. You can count on Wick Buildings to design and build efficient and healthy environments for beef cattle, sheep, swine and poultry. Need a specialized building to handle your feed or manure? We can do that too!
Crop storage facilities
When harvest time comes you need a weather-tight building to store your hay, beans, grain or potatoes out of the elements. It also needs to be engineered for easy access and optimal work efficiency.
Agricultural building materials
Wick Buildings are constructed using the finest materials, including:
Reliable, high-quality limber: We only use machine graded or machine evaluated lumber for all structural components.
Color-matched nails, no screws: Our reliance on screws only reduces nails pops and maintenance while increasing strength.
Durable steel and paint: We use full-hard steel, with 82,000 PSI hardness or better. This results in less dents. Our exterior steel is G-90 galvanized for better corrosion protection. And our paint is warranted not to chip or crack for 40 years.
Agricultural building costs
All agricultural building costs are generated for you prior to construction based on your building specification.
The costs of an agricultural building will involve the following, and will vary based with each project:
- Excavation, fill and other site preparation (including demolition if there is currently a structure)
- Design, materials and labor for the building structure, which depends on:
- Length, width, height and roof lines
- Wind (including exposure to winds) and snow loadings
- Openings (more openings like large doors or open sides require more strength features added to the design)
- Options (doors, windows, cupola, wainscot, liner package...to name just a few)
- Local subcontracted materials to finish interior/exterior if not part of the Wick package:
- Drywall and paint
- Flooring materials
- Cabinetry, trim and interior wood doors
- Overhead doors, hydraulic doors, ...etc.