If you haven’t noticed by now, we love building horse barns. But more than that, we love the people and the horses that live, work and play inside those post-frame structures. That’s why we’re always looking to showcase people and events that will help our customers.
The Minnesota Horse Expo fits that bill. It’s one of the largest equine trade shows in the country, with over 700 trade show booths and an amazing lineup of speakers and presentations.
We’re spotlighting five presenters here, but be sure to visit their website to learn more about the Expo itself and the rest of the speakers!
The Expo takes place on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds April 26-28. Wick Buildings will be there at booth C132 at the Expo. Stop by and ask us about horse barn construction.
We’ll also be at the Midwest Horse Fair April 12-14 in the Exhibition Hall, Booth 3301. See you there!
Julie is a member of the prestigious Horse & Rider team and offers guidance to horse enthusiasts in articles and through clinics and appearance worldwide. She’s a frequent contributor to top horse publications such as Horse & Rider and Horse Illustrated, and the author of a syndicated column reaching more than 20 regional horse publications monthly.
- Riding to the Next Level (Part 1)
- Your Horse’s Many Calls and Communications
- Expect the Best from Your Horse
Known as “The TrailMeister,” Robert owns and operates the largest guide to horse trails and horse camps in the world at www.trailmeister.com. He created the site when he found that trail information wasn’t always easily available for trail riders and horse camps. He’ll be sharing his knowledge of trail riding.
- Four Steps to Save Your Life
- Back in the Saddle After a Traumatic Event
- Plan it Like a Pro – Planning a Back Country Horse Camping Adventure
Warwick’s YouTube channel was built on the idea that if you can understand how horses think and what causes them to do the things they do, you can eliminate common issues and have a more harmonious relationship with your horse. The channel has had over 16 million views, and his training website contains 230 hours of real-time training on all types of horses and issues. He’ll be presenting on those ideas at the Expo!
- Destination Addiction in Horses
- Do You Complain About the Things You Have Trained Your Horse To Do?
- The Number 1 Cause of Horse Problems
Jim Masterson is an equine bodywork therapist and founder of the Masterson Method® of Integrated Equine Performance Bodywork and teaches on his own techniques. He teaches an interactive and easy-to-learn visual method of equine bodywork in which the practitioner learns to recognize specific visual and neurological responses of the horse as it releases tension in its body.
- Masterson Method Bodywork Techniques for the Front End
- Masterson Method Bodywork Techniques for the Hind End
- Dealing with Behavioral Issues Such as Head-shyness Using Bodywork Techniques
Through her life and horse adventures, Barbra has always been driven by a singular passion — to help riders grow their confidence. She’s a personal performance coach, a cutting horse trainer, publisher of online programs, clinician, author and speaker. Her expertise in all these areas will be on full display when she presents at the Expo.
- How to Work the Flag to Develop Good Habits for Cow Work
- How to Ride with Confidence
- 3 Elements of Herd Work for Cutting, Working Cow Horse and Ranch Cutting
The Minnesota Horse Expo is sponsored by the Minnesota Horse Council. For more information, call the Expo Office at 952-922-8666 or 877-462-8758.
Build a Wick Post-Frame Building
and Get 50% off DripStop Moisture Protection